Monday, January 25, 2010

A story about the internet

I’m sure many people are wondering why my blog has not started earlier. Well there are a variety of reasons as to why this is the case. I would have started it before I left the states, but time was an issue. I had an 11 day turnaround between my European adventures and leaving for Botswana. Also for the first week, I had lots of orientations and errands to attend to. I was only able to get on the internet once that week and only for about a half hour at a restaurant. Once in the dorm, the ethernet jack did not work. University of Botswana (UB) does have wireless access, but only in a small part which is not near the dorms. I was able to gain an access code to the wireless, but again had limited time. I It took until last Thursday to get my jack in my room working, well sort of. I had a weekend excursion in which I detail below, on Saturday and Sunday. When I came back Sunday, the internet jack does not work. I have been in the process of trying to get it fixed as I write this. Let me explain how this process works. You have to go to the IT department, meet with someone and then wait until they have the time to service your room. I have had a busy week with classes and hanging out with new people. It will work out eventually, I’m not bothered, its such a small annoyance. That’s the deal about the internet and why all of this stuff is coming at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment